Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Heart Wants....

"The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that." (Woody Allen)

What my heart wants and head is telling me is 2 different things....

My head is telling me that spending time with Weston is going to be bad for my life because I have had trust and jealousy issues with him. I must be setting myself up for heartbreak all over again because I don't know how to be friends with someone that I am still in love with. Even as a friend, how do you forgive someone who betrayed you and shattered your heart into a million pieces? I am reminded of the big plans I want for my life like moving to New York and doing something big with my life. I may be 29 but I have huge plans still for my life. Plans where Weston doesn't fit in, friend or lover.

My heart tells a different story. A story of a love so large that it encompasses your thoughts throughout the day and is felt with every reminder of him. I will never deny the love that I have felt for Weston throughout the past year and half and the happiness that has been in my life just with talking to him the past few weeks. As much as we have had our problems and bad times, our good times were GREAT! There is obviously something undeniable between us because as much as we have attempted to stay apart we always find our way back to each other.

I want him in my life but when he finds a new love, I know that my heart will be broken all over again. So now I must decided whether it will be worth just having him in my life and appreciate just having him in my life or say good bye once and for all? It is going to be a long journey ahead of me....




No comments:

Post a Comment